Total CE Credit Hours: 5
Course Info URL: https://www.ce-credit.com/courses/102280
About the Course:
This is an informative and engaging course that is research-based and provides real-life examples. You will learn how to teach your clients how to have an easier and less stressful parenting experience. This course is appropriate for mental health professionals at all levels, as well as their clients.
Four expert speakers address the following topics:
- How prevention of mental illness begins with the elimination of inferior parenting practices. Prevention rather than a band aid approach can be the new paradigm for healthy societies.
- Why secure & insecure attachment affects entire adult relationships.
- Effective ways of supporting the emotional health & well being of a child.
- How men & women experience the world of relationships very differently due to biological brain differences.
- Ways in which technology affects the brain of a child and how to apply healthy strategies around children & technology.
**This course is based on the recorded webinar, A Blueprint for Parenting Children Ages 0 to 7: A Foundation for Good Mental Health created by Michelle Jensen
, David Bones, Dennis Morrow
, and Rodrigo Magdaluyo in 2021.**
Publication Date:May 2018, Updated 2021
Course Material Authors
Course Material Authors authored the material only, and were not involved in creating this CE course. They are identified here for your own evaluation of the relevancy of the material this course is based on.
This multimedia presentation is for counselors, psychologists, teachers, and marriage and family therapists who want to increase the success of their clients in raising emotionally and mentally stable children, ages zero to seven. This content is at the beginner level.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Learn the origins of criminal behaviors in society due to severe detachment in infancy & early childhood.
- Discover how prevention of mental illness begins with the elimination of inferior parenting practices. Prevention rather than a band aid approach can be the new paradigm for healthy societies.
- Demonstrate how secure & insecure attachment affects entire adult relationships.
- Understand how to support the emotional health & well being of a child.
- Observe how men & women experience the world of relationships very differently due to biological brain differences.
- Identify how technology affects the brain of a child and discover healthy strategies around children & technology
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-Credit.com.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using CE-Credit.com, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make CE-Credit.com more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on CE-Credit.com to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, CE-Credit.com has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.