Total CE Credit Hours: 19
Course Info URL: https://www.ce-credit.com/courses/102089
About the Course:
This course provides a comprehensive guide to workplace crisis management response and planning. Blythe walks you through images of crisis in the workplace, and shows you why having a detailed crisis management plan is so imperative in order to be an effective leader during a time of crisis. From the point of first learning of a crisis in your company, to de-escalating your crisis response, Blythe guides you every step of the way. Over the course of reading Blindsided, you will learn how to create and utilize a Crisis Command Center (CCC), the three levels of Crisis Action Teams (CAT) and the roles each play in managing a crisis, common crisis management problems, and how to prepare a crisis plan to avoid being blindsided.
This course is based on the book, Blindsided: A Manager’s Guide to Crisis Leadership created by Bruce T. Blythe in 2014.
Publication Date:2nd Edition, 2014
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially psychologists, counselors and social workers who seek knowledge about strategies for crisis management in the workplace. It is appropriate for an introductory to advanced level of participants' knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Utilize focused imagery to anticipate immediate and long term impacts of a crisis
- Incorporate the Five Guiding Principles of Crisis Leadership into their crisis response
- Demonstrate how to identify what core assets are at risk in a crisis and how to protect them
- Create and utilize a Crisis Command Center during a crisis
- Create and utilize three-tiered Crisis Action Teams during a crisis response
- Follow the six phases of managing a crisis
- Demonstrate when and how to de-escalate a crisis response
- Create a crisis plan that incorporates a Crisis Planning Committee, analysis of foreseeable risks, procedures and controls to minimize risks, and how to activate crisis teams
- Conduct crisis response exercises
- Monitor your crisis plan, training, and exercises to keep their crisis preparedness up-to-date and functional
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-Credit.com.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using CE-Credit.com, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make CE-Credit.com more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on CE-Credit.com to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, CE-Credit.com has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.