- Florida Social Workers
- Florida Counselors
- Florida Marriage & Family Therapists
CE-Credit.com’s distant learning courses meet qualifications for continuing education credit for MFT’s, LCSW’s, LMHC’s, as required by the Florida Board, and is fully compatible with Florida’s CE Broker system. Simply enter your Florida state license code using the link provided in your member account.
Licensees are required to completed 30 credit hours every renewal period.
Continuing Education Requirements:
- General Hours: 25 hours required every biennium
- Medical Errors: 2 hours required every biennium
- Ethics & Boundaries or Telehealth: 3 hours required every biennium
- Laws & Rules: 3 hours required every third biennium
- Domestic Violence: 2 hours required every third biennium
Please Note The special requirement for “Laws and Rules” is a new requirement that was instituted by the Florida Board. Within the 30 required renewal CE’s, you must now complete a 3 hour laws and rules update course every third biennium.
View the “Special Requirements” tab for ethics, laws and rules, medical errors, and domestic violence courses that are approved by the board.
CE-Credit.com, a service of CE Learning Systems, is approved to offer continuing education courses by the Association of State Social Work Boards (ASWB #1020) and National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC #5951). CE Learning Systems maintains responsibility for the courses.
Board Contact Info
4042 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee , FL
Website href=“http://floridasmentalhealthprofessions.gov” class=“external” target=”_blank”>http://floridasmentalhealthprofessions.gov
Prevention of Medical Errors, 2 CE credit hours
We recommend Medical (Behavioral Healthcare Practice) Errors, course # 101522.
CE-Credit.com offers 1 course applicable to this requirement.101522: Medical (Behavioral Healthcare Practice) Errors, 4 CE credit hours
Laws and Rules, 3 CE credit hours
Every third biennum after initial licensure, a licensee must complete 3 hour laws and rules continuing education units.
CE-Credit.com offers 1 course applicable to this requirement.102084: A Review of the Florida Laws and Rules for Mental Health Practitioners, 3 CE credit hours
Ethics and Boundary, 3 CE credit hours
CE-Credit.com offers 24 courses applicable to this requirement.103209: What Are The ethical Implications Of using Prize-based Contingency Management In Substance Use? A scoping Review, 1.5 CE credit hour
- 103199: 2020 AMHCA Code of Ethics, 2 CE credit hours
- 103196: Advanced Ethical Issues for Mandated Reporters of Child Maltreatment, 3 CE credit hours
- 103171: National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics 2021, 1.25 CE credit hour
- 103147: Ethics & Cultural Diversity Training: Patient Abandonment and Cultural Humility, Best Practices, 3 CE credit hours
- View All 24 Courses
Domestic Violence, 2 CE credit hours
Every third renewal, you must complete a two hour continuing education course on domestic violence.
CE-Credit.com offers 13 courses applicable to this requirement.103235: Improving the Mental Health of Women Intimate Partner Violence Survivors:, 1.5 CE credit hour
- 103214: Impacts of Male Intimate Partner Violence on Women: A Life Course Perspective, 1 CE credit hour
- 103035: Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy for Male Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence-a Systematic Review, 1 CE credit hour
- 102958: Understanding of Readiness to Engage With Interventions for Children Exposed to Domestic Violence and Abuse., 2.5 CE credit hours
- 102687: Substance Abuse Assessment: Why, How, and What Do You Do With It?, 1 CE credit hour
- View All 13 Courses
Telehealth, 3 CE credit hours
CE-Credit.com offers 5 courses applicable to this requirement.103194: Adapting Clinical Skills to Telehealth: Applications of Affirmative Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy With LGBTQ+ Youth, 1 CE credit hour
- 103126: Telehealth for the Treatment of Serious Mental Illness and Substance Use Disorders, 3.5 CE credit hours
- 102699: The Empirical Evidence for Telemedicine Interventions in Mental Disorders, 3 CE credit hours
- 102318: Telemental Health Care: An Effective Alternative to Conventional Mental Care & Future Directions to Improve the Accessibility and Quality of Children's Mental Health Services, 1 CE credit hour
- 102310: Clinical Update: Telepsychiatry With Children and Adolescents, 1 CE credit hour
Sex Therapy Training (Applies only for sex therapist)
This specialized topic requires special board approval.
We do not currently offer courses to fulfill this requirement.
Hypnosis Training (Applies only for those performing hypnotherapy)
Courses for this specialized topic require special approval from the board.
We do not currently offer courses to fulfill this requirement.
Supervisory Training ((Applies to supervisors), 16 CE credit hours
Courses for this specialized topic of training requires special approval from the board and it must be 16 hours of live interaction training. This requirement cannot be fulfilled with online coursework. Please check your state board requirements.
This requirement cannot be completed with online coursework.
|A Systematic Review of Internet Communication Technology Use by Youth in Foster Care 1.75 CE credit hour||Reading-Based Online|
|Reducing Stress and Enhancing Academic Buoyancy Among Adolescents Using a Brief Web-based Program Based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: A Randomized Controlled Trial CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|Relation Between Coping and Posttrauma Cognitions on PTSD in a Combat-trauma Population CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|Improving the Mental Health of Women Intimate Partner Violence Survivors:: Findings from a Realist Review of Psychsocial Interventions CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|Suicide and Indigenous People: Understanding Risks and Sustaining Cultural Resistance CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|Superhero Therapy: Helping Clients Cope With Ongoing Global Trauma CE credit hours||Recorded Webinar|
|A Core Role for Cognitive Processes in the Acute Onset and Maintenance of Post-traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|Lessons Learned Conducting Dialectical Behavior Therapy Via Telehealth in the Age of COVID-19 CE credit hours||Reading-Based Online|
|DBT Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills Workshop CE credit hours||Recorded Webinar|
|SEEDS:: The Five Brain, Immune, and Gene Healthy Factors CE credit hours||Recorded Webinar|