Approval for Addiction Counselors in California
American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders - California Office
20 credit hours required; All 20 may be earned with CE-credit.com.
See below for more specific information
Provider: AAHCPAD #17-1460
CE Learning Systems dba CE-credit.com has been approved to offer Continuing Education credit for Certified Addiction Specialists (CAS) in accordance with the American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders. Approval No. 17-1460.
If you are primarily an addictions specialist, our companion site Addiction Counselor CE may be more appropriate for you. It is specifically focused on the CE needs of addiction counselors and offers a greater quantity and variety of substance abuse-specific courses.
- 8 hours minimum, addiction-related coursework.
- 8 hours minimum, TAP 21 curriculum.
- 4 hours minimum total to include:
- Provision of services to special populations including at least aging individuals; individuals with co-occurring disorders; individuals with post traumatic stress disorder; individuals with disabilities; diverse populations; individuals with cultural differences, individuals on probation/parole, etc.
- Communicable diseases, including tuberculosis, HIV disease and Hepatitis C
- Prevention of sexual harassment
- Continuing Education may include other topics related to the field of alcoholism and drug abuse such as residential treatment, driving-under-the-influence, etc.
The Academy will not accept coursework that has been completed more than one year prior to the annual renewal date.
Overview: American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders - California Office
- Cycle: Renewal every year
- Total Requirement: 20 credit hours required; All 20 may be earned with CE-credit.com.
American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders
314 West Superior Street, Suite 508
Duluth, MN 55802
Applicability and Disclaimer
This CE approval information applies to these professionals in California:
- Addiction Counselors
Carefully read your state licensure renewal requirements as some jurisdictions have specific topic requirements or limits on the number of accepted Online/Home Study credits.
State laws often change, so please remember it is your responsibility for interpreting your state's laws, licensure requirements, course relevancy and all requirements for your state.