Total CE Credit Hours: 13
Course Info URL: https://www.ce-credit.com/courses/102967
About the Course:
Organizations spend billions of dollars every year in an attempt to grow their businesses, outperform their competitors, and to find and hire the top employees in their fields. However, all of this is futile without an understanding of the psychology and the talents of the employees you have and the employees you want to have. This book will help you define what talent is, measure it in your employees and your potential hires, recognize the strengths and weaknesses inherent in each personality type, identify which of your employees might excel in different sorts of positions, and cultivate growth in your leaders to maximize performance for your organization.
This course is based on the book, The Talent Delusion: Why Data, Not Intuition, Is the Key to Unlocking Human Potential created by Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic in 2017.
Publication Date:1 Nov 2017
Course Material Author
This course is appropriate for organizational and industrial psychologist and any behavioral health professionals working in that area. It is appropriate for intermediate levels of knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify a variety of macro-economic trends which contribute to the difficulty organizations might have in finding and retaining their most talented employees.
- Explain four distinct perspectives on talent, considering the interaction of personality, skill, achievement, aptitude, and coachability.
- Prepare a list of the established and empirically supported methodologies for assessing the level of talents individuals posses, and defend the use of each type of assessment.
- Discuss the psychological needs and drivers which motivate employees to be fully engaged at work, and predict which workplace environments might serve to decrease engagement.
- Differentiate between the ways that employees and leaders can and cannot nurture or develop their talents, and list some of the obstacles that might prevent job coaching to be fully effective.
- Describe the ways in which talents might also manifest as negative or counterproductive traits.
- Predict some of the ways that technology will change the way that we identify, nurture, and retain our employees, and explain the ways in which traditional methods of identifying talent are still valuable in the workplace.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-Credit.com.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using CE-Credit.com, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make CE-Credit.com more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on CE-Credit.com to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, CE-Credit.com has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.