Total CE Credit Hours: 1
Course Info URL: https://www.ce-credit.com/courses/100949
To help ensure your CEs are relevant to your practice, we regularly retire courses that are no longer current. This course has been retired. It is no longer available.
We add new courses all the time. Try these categories:
About the Course:
Professional ethics are at the core of social work. The profession has an obligation to articulate its basic values, ethical principles, and ethical standards. The NASW Code of Ethics (revised in 1999) sets forth these values, principles, and standards to guide social workers’ conduct. The Code is relevant to all social workers and social work students, regardless of their professional functions, the settings in which they work, or the populations they serve.
The NASW Code of Ethics serves six purposes:
- The Code identifies core values on which social work’s mission is based.
- The Code summarizes broad ethical principles that reflect the profession’s core values and establishes a set of specific ethical standards that should be used to guide social work practice.
- The Code is designed to help social workers identify relevant considerations when professional obligations conflict or ethical uncertainties arise.
- The Code provides ethical standards to which the general public can hold the social work profession accountable.
- The Code socializes practitioners new to the field to social work’s mission, values, ethical principles, and ethical standards.
- The Code articulates standards that the social work profession itself can use to assess whether social workers have engaged in unethical conduct. NASW has formal procedures to adjudicate ethics complaints filed against its members.
This course is based on the reading-based online article, National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics created by National Association of Social Workers
National Association of Social Workers
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially social workers, but also including psychologists, counselors, and nurses who seek knowledge about the ethical practice of social work. It is appropriate for all levels of participants’ knowledge.
Apply the NASW Code of Ethics to the practice of social work.
Identify the values underlying the NASW Code of Ethics.
Identify other sources of information, in addition to the NASW Code of Ethics, which social workers should consult when making difficult ethical decisions.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-Credit.com.
If you're already a member, please log in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have special accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
Please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make CE-Credit.com more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Course Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the course.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on CE-Credit.com to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help.